I did it last year and had a ton of fun, so I present to you my fashion best and worst for 2013!
1. Amanda Seyfried. Absolutely LOVED her Alexander McQueen dress. The pale lavender and delicate beading go perfectly with her petite frame and big eyes. The high neckline and cutout in the front allows her to not be overwhelmed by the dress. Perfect choice.
2. Jessica Chastain. Everybody’s saying it- Jessica Rabbit. Chastain brings the old Hollywood vampy glamour back to the red carpet tonight with her curls, red lips, and form fitting Armani Prive dress. The pale gold color and overlay tone down what could be an overpowering color on the redhead.
3. Salma Hayek. Good lord, this woman is the definition of sexy. Alexander McQueen was definitely the winner of tonight’s red carpet in my opinion, and Hayek looks 1/2 Cleopatra and 1/2 Audrey Hepburn in this incredibly gown.
4. Jennifer Lawrence. I did not like this dress at first. I can’t warm to the mermaid dress, I really can’t, but the more I saw her in this Dior dress, the more I liked it. Her hair and make up is absolutely flawless, and the merengue bottom really brings something extra sweet to the nominees outfit. Not to mention, her backwards necklace is inspiring.
5. Sandra Bullock. Beading and sequins were definitely in this year. I was blown away by her delectable Elie Saab dress, reminiscent of the 1920s without a doubt. Something more formal with her hair would have really set off this look.
1. Melissa McCarthy. Seriously, there’s not much good to say about this David Meister dress at all. It doesn’t fit or flatter her, it’s a bad color, and her hair is just whacked out. The black fabric covering the slit looks like a garbage bag, it’s absolutely terrible.
2. Anne Hathaway. Annie, you’re so gorgeous and used to have such a rockin’ bod! This pale pink Prada disaster makes the usually stunning Anne look far too pale and frail. The necklace looks odd layered right above the neckline of the dress, and the back is a nightmare! Anne, get your amazing hips back and bring the dazzle we know you have!
3. Nicole Kidman. I said it earlier, and I’ll say it again- beads and sequins are in this year. However, this doesn’t mean they always work. This L’Wren Scott dress is the dark side of the coin that Sandra Bullock sits on.
4. I have nothing against Kristen Stewart. I think she’s usually absolutely gorgeous and hilarious, it’s just her acting that needs a little work. But this Reem Acra dress seems almost unfinished. It looks sloppy and messy on her, and her make up and hair make her look washed out and pale. Not her best look.
5. Octavia Spencer. Last year’s Tadashi Shoji dress was absolutely flawless on her, but this year’s dress by the same designer is more prom night than anything. The over the shoulder sash looks too casual and her hair doesn’t show the glamour we know she’s capable of.
1. Queen Latifah. After the onslaught of white dresses last year, I was bored with the pale dresses of this year. But Queen Latifah brought it in Badgley Mischka. It fits her perfectly, but I think a necklace and a more interesting clutch would have really set it off.
2. Catherine Zeta-Jones. I love gold and glitter and sexy women, so there’s a reason Catherine made this list. Wearing Zuhair Murad, she reminded us that the Oscars can be fun and flashy, however, the bottom of the dress is more ice dancer and less female warrior than the top.
3. Olivia Munn. While it is a bit costume-y, Olivia Munn in Marchesa looks stunning. The red and gold number is elegant and classic, but the bunching fabric at the waist and the train put me off what would have been better as a form fitting number.
4. Jennifer Aniston. Red, red, red! Jennifer Aniston can do no wrong, brining her ever popular simple, laid back tousled look to the awards tonight. There’s nothing fussy about her Valentino look, which completely works for her, but also lacks something to make her stand out.
5. Naomi Watts. Another dress I wasn’t so sure about, but unlike Jennifer Lawrence’s dress, the jury’s still out for me when it comes to this Armani Prive look. It’s bold, it’s interesting, her hair and make up are flawless (but also a look I feel is dominating the red carpet tonight), but the dress might be a little too Grammy’s for the Oscars.
- aracelirenee likes this
- molicioushat likes this
- goldie-hawn said:hated amanda’s and naomi’s was my fave!
- fangirlandfandom reblogged this from berningers and added:
- zonaeroticaandante likes this
- olyolyoxenbree reblogged this from berningers
- elnoos likes this
- honey--or-tar likes this
- forevermyself4 likes this
- lovenot-wantnot likes this
- berningers posted this